[cfe-dev] Preserve SSE state in interrupt handler

David Chisnall via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 13 14:16:03 PDT 2017

On 13 Sep 2017, at 21:16, Anatol Pomozov via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Clang has support for "interrupt" attribute at x86 platform. It is one
> of the features needed for os development.

I don’t believe the interrupt attribute is intended for this purpose: certainly no mainstream operating systems use it.  It is intended for people writing embedded systems that use x86, not for x86 systems using full-blown operating systems, which typically need much more control over how context switches happen as a result of interrupts.

David