[cfe-dev] libtool for some preprocessor work

blubee blubeeme via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 7 04:13:04 PDT 2017

Hello

I am trying to create a visual map of some source code to be able to do
source to source transformation.

The first thing that I would like to do is be able to get a list of all the
#include statements from the c source code.

Once that's done, I would also need to be able to go through all the
variables defined in the main source file and see if it's being defined in
said file or being linked in from some of those header files.

This should be enough to get me well under way with my project. I came
across libclang because it's stable and it's also written in c; the
language that I will be working with.

My question; how can I get the list of include files from the main file,
then searching for variables; if they are defined in an include file or are
they local to the main file?

Best,
Owen