[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] Uncovering non-determinism in LLVM - An Update

Grang, Mandeep Singh via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 1 11:34:43 PDT 2017

Thanks David and Diana for your suggestions. Yes, I am looking at
setting up the builder to run after every 10 commits (is 10 a reasonable
number?) and notify the blame list in case of failures.

My plan is to enable this once all the current failures in the reverse
builder are fixed (currently there are 4 failures).

As for the bit-by-bit comparison of forward vs reverse builders is
concerned I am trying to convince my team to dedicate some resources to
this. Not sure how soon I can get this done :)

Also thanks Diana for your ideas on how to debug/fix reverse iteration
failures. Actually I have been following a similar strategy to fix these
issues so far. Maybe I will update the community on this in a future
email thread.

--Mandeep

>>> Mandeep