[cfe-dev] Using RecursiveASTVisitor with comment nodes

Alex L via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 24 10:13:06 PDT 2017

Hi Stephen,

I believe that the comment nodes are stored in a side table, and are not
visited by the RecursiveASTVisitor. Here's how the AST dumper gets them:

    if (const FullComment *Comment =
            D->getASTContext().getLocalCommentForDeclUncached(D))
      dumpFullComment(Comment);

You get them in the same manner in your visitor in your VisitDecl function
if you want to visit them.

I hope this helps,
Alex