[cfe-dev] Too much time to compile clang. Suggestions for a starter?

Oleksii Vilchanskyi via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Oct 21 03:10:40 PDT 2017

You can use gold <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_(linker)> to link.
To do so, pass -DLLVM_USE_LINKER=gold at CMake configure time.

This is also a good opportunity to point at a minor issue with CMake
configuration, where even after passing the above switch CMake will
still print

-- Linker detection: GNU ld

instead of

-- Linker detection: GNU Gold

I don't know whether it "just works" for others, but
<https://reviews.llvm.org/D38665> (unreviewed) fixes it for me.