[cfe-dev] Beginner Bugs - Need help tagging

Tanya Lattner via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 5 18:52:32 PDT 2017

Anna Zaks, David Blaikie and I have been at Grace Hopper Conference for the last couple days talking to many people about LLVM and how to get involved in the project. Its been discussed many times before at LLVM Developer Meetings and recently on the mailing list about tagging bugs with the “beginner” keyword and that keyword was recently added to the LLVM Bugzilla. However, there are very few bugs(12) actually in Bugzilla with this keyword: https://bugs.llvm.org/buglist.cgi?keywords=beginner&list_id=125621

It would be a huge help and a benefit to the growth of the community if we could tag more bugs with this keyword. If several members of the community could tag just 5 bugs with this keyword we could easily increase the number of bugs suitable for beginners.

I know everyone is very busy but there are so many students and newcomers that could greatly benefit from this. Please consider helping if you can.

Thank you,
Tanya