[cfe-dev] clang-tidy / static analysis

Maurizio Vitale via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Nov 12 05:43:09 PST 2017

hello clang clan,

  I'm getting started with checkers and I have one in mind that I don't see
a good way to implement.

The idea is to find all uses of putenv and replace them w/ setenv. This
requires analyzing the argument to discover constant parts in it (setenv
require a separate variable name). It also require to check that the
argument is not modified (or such modifications need also to be replaces w/
setenvs).

Is there a way to use the fixit infrastructure together with the static
analyzer?
If so, is it possible to make multiple changes part of the same fixit?
What would be the recommended way of proceeding in this case? any similar
checks/analysis I can take a look at?

Thanks a lot,

       Maurizio