[cfe-dev] Change of code owner for the Clang Static Analyzer

Anna Zaks via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 10 11:48:36 PST 2017

Hi Everyone,

I would like to change the code owner for the Clang Static Analyzer from myself to Devin Coughlin.

I love to see the growing community around the Clang Static Analyzer, but unfortunately I find that my direct involvement in the analyzer is decreasing. On the other hand, Devin has been stepping up by screening the analyzer Bugzilla bugs, setting up an analyzer buildbot, and reviewing the most critical patches to the analyzer core. Devin has a strong theoretical background in static analysis and understands how the core functionality of the analyzer should function. He has been doing a thorough job on code reviews; his explanations are superb even if the topic is complicated or convoluted. Devin is invested in making the analyzer better and is very passionate about maintaining high quality standards.

I hope to continue to remain involved in the static analyzer, but I am excited to be able to put the official stewardship into very capable hands. Devin has graciously agreed to take over the responsibility if the community is supportive of that change.

Thank you,
Anna