[cfe-dev] [libc++] Working on the parallel STL algorithms

Bryce Lelbach via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 17 07:30:48 PDT 2017

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 9:54 AM, Erik Pilkington
<erik.pilkington at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I’m an intern at Apple this summer, and my project is to work on the C++17
> parallel algorithms library. In a recent thread, Hal mentioned [0] that he
> had spoken with Marshall about the design of the library. I’m currently
> working on a prototype that is pretty similar to what was committed into
> lib/Support in r302748. I’m wondering what you folks talked about, and if
> any consensus wrt to design has been reached. Even if not, I’d love to hear
> about what thoughts were exchanged, or any reference material that could
> bring me up to speed!

Awesome!

You may want to read my (long) post in the other thread if you haven't
already - I described some of my thoughts about the design of C++17
parallel algorithm runtimes.

http://llvm.1065342.n5.nabble.com/llvm-dev-PSA-Parallel-STL-algorithms-available-in-LLVM-td108822.html#a108873

> It might also be worth having a conversation about how to divide up the work
> to be done here. Were any of you intending to start working on the library?

Yes, I am hoping to contribute to this effort starting sometime in
June. I need to speak with Marshall to figure out how I can be most
effective here.

I'd be happy to collaborate. Some of the other HPX developers may be
interested in contributing as well.

--
Bryce Adelstein Lelbach aka wash
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory