[cfe-dev] JIT - Resolve obj file without a main

via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 17 07:03:46 PDT 2017

Hi Lang,

I'm using Windows. I was parsing an IR-File and added the Module to the
ExectuionEngine. If I than searched for a function, I just got 0. But when
the module had a main, I got an address. I solved the problem via a call
to "generateCodeForModule". The JIT didn't even called my SymbolResolver
in this special case.

Could you please tell me, if there is a way to allocate the memory for the
codemodules more precise? I would like to allocate the memory for strings
from a separated memory-pool. But how can I detect a string? The only
moment I can do this is in "notifyObjectLoaded" via the names of the
symbols. But than it is impossible for my to get the address of the
symbols. I noticed that some strings are stored in .rdata, but this is no
guarantee.

Kind regards
Björn