[cfe-dev] [libc++] Working on the parallel STL algorithms

Erik Pilkington via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 15 09:54:04 PDT 2017

Hello all,

I’m an intern at Apple this summer, and my project is to work on the C++17
parallel algorithms library. In a recent thread, Hal mentioned [0] that he
had spoken with Marshall about the design of the library. I’m currently
working on a prototype that is pretty similar to what was committed into
lib/Support in r302748. I’m wondering what you folks talked about, and if
any consensus wrt to design has been reached. Even if not, I’d love to hear
about what thoughts were exchanged, or any reference material that could
bring me up to speed!

It might also be worth having a conversation about how to divide up the
work to be done here. Were any of you intending to start working on the
library?

Thanks!
Erik

[0] http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2017-May/112988.html