[cfe-dev] Passes after Polly | How are Passes sequenced without the PassRegistry ?

SANJAY SRIVALLABH SINGAPURAM via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 12 05:20:55 PDT 2017

Hello,

I was trying to find out what passes are sequenced after Polly in clang. I
need to know this since I'm seeing a difference between the files
kernel-before.ll and kernel.ll generated by the command clang -g -O3 -mllvm
-polly -mllvm -polly-dump-before -S -emit-llvm, where kernel-before.ll is
the file received by Polly.

I assumed that the clang driver registers the Passes just like opt or Julia
<https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/blob/973d926584a39e48d173dc9ec62d2b8908a3c544/src/jitlayers.cpp#L197-L205>
does by calling polly::registerPollyPasses ( in the
<polly_src>/lib/Support/RegisterPasses.cpp
<https://github.com/llvm-mirror/polly/blob/master/lib/Support/RegisterPasses.cpp>
).
But, it was a surprise to not find a call to registerPollyPasses inside
clang.

Summarising,

   - How is Polly called from Clang ?
   - What are the Passes sequenced after Polly ?

Thanks,
Sanjay