[cfe-dev] probable bug in clang source based coverage

Vedant Kumar via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 20 11:11:46 PDT 2017

The '&&' in your example belongs to the source region corresponding to the if condition. It is always 'reached' before '(argc > 1)' is reached, so the segment contains 'argc > 1) && ('. A new segment is pushed for 'argc < 10', because it isn't always reached when the '&&' is reached.

This is why the current implementation does not emit a new segment just for the ' && ' snippet: it would be redundant.

Also, there are no 'closing' segments, only new ones. Maybe this is just a terminology mix up.

Let me know if the segments should be made more precise in any other way. If you have access to bugs.llvm.org, I'd appreciate any bug reports there (please add llvm-cov to the title).

best,
vedant