[cfe-dev] Training files for building clang with PGO?

Alex Wang via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 16 11:59:24 PDT 2017

Hi all! Quick question about building clang with PGO.

I've found the documentation on this process somewhat unclear. I get that the
source files used for training/profiling should go into
<clang-path>/utils/perf-training, but I don't understand from where I am
supposed to get those files. The single hello_world.cpp definitely isn't enough
for PGO to be useful.

Are the training files something that is to be added in the future? Or am I
supposed to copy the training files from somewhere else? And if it's the latter,
from where?

Thanks for your help,

-Alex