[cfe-dev] [clang-tidy] Check for paranoic code (pointer checking)

Jonas Toth via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 16 01:44:49 PDT 2017

Hello,

i think this check should be in clang-tidy. More checks are better and
one should configure clang-tidy in my opinion.

On the topic of other ideas for checks:

- Yes. There is a buglist with open ideas.
- There is currently work on a new `safety`-module that tries to
implement parts of the High Integrity C++ Codingstandard and other
usefull checks for code safety.
 -> my personal TODO List on that:
https://github.com/JonasToth/HighIntegrityTooling
- Other Coding Standards have there part as well
- the CppCoreGuidelines are IMHO an interesting topic as well.

You can look at each module and try start with simpler checks if you
want. I think there is a lot of low hanging fruit left.
But consider looking for already existing checks and modify them, make
them configurable and so on :)

All the best. Jonas