[cfe-dev] RFC: do not optimize on basis of __attribute__((nonnull)) in glibc headers

James Y Knight via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 14 14:35:09 PDT 2017

Just to reiterate...

I would really like to see us communicate this decision, with an
appropriately persuasive argument, both to the glibc authors and to the
standards committees, and treat this as a *transitional* hack, which is
needed until glibc (and any other libc if there are any?) can remove the
erroneous nonnull declarations from their headers, and everyone has
upgraded.