[cfe-dev] Setting default dialect to C++11

Robinson, Paul via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 2 22:57:23 PST 2017

Obviously in some cases target-specific defaults make a lot of sense -- for instance if we know that a target or its ABI or toolchain simply doesn't support some feature, or needs special support for something -- but in the absence of a strong reason, we should generally aim for all targets to behave roughly the same.

And in our case, the PS4 target simply doesn't support dialects other than C++11, therefore the target-specific default makes sense.  (We might eventually support later dialects, if there is sufficient customer demand.)
--paulr