[cfe-dev] Setting default dialect to C++11

Robinson, Paul via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 2 14:22:34 PST 2017

And as an example, since I just setup a bot for libc++ yesterday, it runs the tests with std=c++11, then with std=c++14, then with std=c++1z.

http://lab.llvm.org:8080/green/view/Libcxx/job/libcxx_master_cmake/

I believe designing testing this way is providing better coverage overall that changing some defaults in the compiler based on  SDK provider will.

Not a very compelling example as libcxx is designed to be built using different language standards, so of course its testing allows that sort of thing.  Clang lit testing does not.

If you can arrange to make it straightforward to run Clang lit tests with different default dialects, that would be a different story.
--paulr