[cfe-dev] Hello from a newcomer! + Bug 26834

kinan.sarmini@gmail.com via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 2 03:58:48 PST 2017

Hello everyone,

a quick intro: I'm planning to participate in Google Summer of Code this
year as a student, and I'm really interested in the llvm project in general
and clang in particular. To increase my chances of getting accepted and to
get a better understanding of the project and its code base, I'm currently
working on fixing some open bugs.

I started working on bug #26834 (as suggested by Vassil Vassilev), and i
have a couple of questions. I hope this is the right place to ask. I'm
still new to the project, so please bear with me as my questions might be
silly.
So regarding bug #26834: I've figured that the reason the right headers
aren't being added is because every candidate gcc installation is scanned
for Multilibs, and if they aren't detected, then the gcc installation is
ignored. Now I'm not sure which one is the right behavior, i.e. is the
check for Multilibs necessary (
https://github.com/llvm-mirror/clang/blob/master/lib/Driver/ToolChains.cpp#L2798
)?

Thanks!