[cfe-dev] Clang 'locks up' when compiling optimized

Brian Cain via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 28 08:39:40 PDT 2017

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 10:31 AM, David Barto <barto at cambridgesemantics.com>
wrote:

> I’m going to disable (for the MacOS Builds) the memory limit checks for
> the time being.
>
> Should I register a bug about this or is there someone with ‘more
> authority’ who would be more appropriate?

AFAIK from this community you should feel free to open a bug.  If I were
you that's what I'd do.  Maintainers are free to debate your (and my) claim
that this is not how clang should behave.  The challenge will be coming to
a resolution on how to address the problem, and perhaps finding leverage to
get someone to execute the fix if you don't know how yourself.

The rich set of behavior that snaps into action when the compiler faults is
beneficial to gathering bug reports from end users.  Preserving that
functionality while making the signal handler robust/safe will require a
smarter design.

As an aside it would be cool to write an analyzer rule that checks for
exclusively signal-safe system calls that come from functions registered as
signal handlers.

-Brian