[cfe-dev] Invoking an external assembler in a pipe

Martin J. O'Riordan via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 14 07:54:07 PDT 2017

A year or more ago I read somewhere that it was possible to invoke a
non-integrate assemble tool to run in a pipe rather than as a separate tool
run after the generation of the intermediate assembly file.

However, I can't find where I came across this and I am wondering did I just
imagine it, or does CLang support running an external assembler in this way,
and if so how should I configure this in 'Tools.cpp'?

Thanks,

            MartinO