[cfe-dev] How to register a Clang plugin?

Andrei Arusoaie via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 1 09:04:04 PDT 2017

Hi,

I've compiled a Clang plugin as explained here:
https://github.com/awruef/find-heartbleed. Everything works as expected,
but I'm getting some problems when I go further and try to compile a plugin
that has a more complex registration process.

For example, I have tried to compile the MallocChecker(from
clang/lib/StaticAnalyzer/Checkers) as a separate plugin; the compilation
works, but the analyzer does not report anything on an example  which was
previously checked with the original MallocChecker (in Clang) and some
warnings were thrown.
This is a bit unexpected, since the code is exactly the same, except the
registration part. I believe the problem is that the MallocChecker has some
tricky initialization steps. Did anyone else encountered this problem
before?

Andrei