[cfe-dev] -fmodules-ts and codegen options

Boris Kolpackov via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 1 05:31:29 PDT 2017

Hi,

I have a couple of questions on Clang's Modules-TS usage/future plans:

Currently I have to pass -fmodules-codegen -fmodules-debuginfo along with
-fmodules-ts when generation a .pcm file from the module interface unit.
Are there plans to make this the default? Any reason it is not already so?

Currently the production of .o from the module interface unit requires a
separate compiler invocation. That is: unit -> .pcm -> .o. While there
are good reasons to do it this way (e.g., parallelism), are there plans
to also support the single-invocation mode? This could be faster (and
easier) for build systems that decided not to split this for whatever
reasons (which, I believe, most of the existing build systems will do,
at least initially).

Thanks,
Boris