[cfe-dev] Prevent RetainCountChecker from Analyzing Function Bodies when They Have Certain Annotate Attribute

Sven Verdoolaege via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 18 06:00:16 PDT 2017

On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 01:01:08AM +0530, Malhar Thakkar wrote:
> Also, I have a few queries directed to Dr. Alexandre and Dr. Sven.
> I applied these trusted annotations to obj_free(), obj_cow() and obj_copy()
> as they have a pattern (__isl.*free, __isl.*cow and __isl.*copy).
>
> Do, functions of the type obj_alloc_* have the same pattern if at all they
> do? Also, are there any other functions which require such annotations?

I'm not sure I understand your question.
For each object type, there should only be a single function
that allocates such objects.  However, there may be several
functions that store objects in other objects, which may
also confuse the checker since the ownership of the contained
object is transfered to the containing object.

skimo