[cfe-dev] Prevent RetainCountChecker from Analyzing Function Bodies when They Have Certain Annotate Attribute

Sven Verdoolaege via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 11 04:33:50 PDT 2017

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 10:33:06AM +0530, Malhar Thakkar wrote:
> Hence, although evalCall() works perfectly for ISL, we may not be able to
> generalize it for other C codebases.

I think it's reasonable to assume that frameworks that shield off
free for reference counting, would also shield off malloc
in order to initialize the reference counting.
Of course, this may just be a lack of imagination on my part.
Do you have any examples of frameworks that could use your
annotations where this is not the case?

skimo