[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] RFC: Emitting empty invariant group for vtable loads

Hal Finkel via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 25 15:03:54 PST 2017

Hi Piotr,

I think makes sense. Modulo bitcasts, the invariant is identified by a
particular pointer SSA value. Given that you can't sensibly have two
nonequivalent invariants associated with the same pointer SSA value
simultaneously, there's no need to also identify the invariant with a
metadata string as well. When we need a new "identifier" for the
pointed-to value, we get one using invariant.group.barrier.

  -Hal

Hal Finkel
Leadership Computing Facility
Argonne National Laboratory