[cfe-dev] scan-build "No bugs found."

Jack Bates via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 17 14:39:06 PST 2017

I'm running scan-build on Apache Traffic Server and getting "No bugs
found.", which isn't what I expect.

I ran it as follows:

   $ git clone https://github.com/apache/trafficserver.git
   $ cd trafficserver
   $ autoreconf -i
   $ ./configure
   $ scan-build -v -v make V=1 2>&1 > ~/Desktop/scan-build

Here's the output [1].

I didn't run ./configure through scan-build, but I conclude from the
Make output that the compiler is being correctly interposed upon, so I
shouldn't need to? The output indicates that the compiler is c++-analyzer.

The output contains lines like the following, so I conclude that the
analyzer is working?

   ANALYZE (Syntax): ../../lib/ts/ink_mutex.h ~x_pthread_mutexattr_t

And it contains lines like "1 warning generated.", so I conclude that
there should be bugs?

So my first question is, why are there "No bugs found."?

Also, although I redirect both stdout and stderr, the lines I mentioned
-- "ANALYZE ..." and "1 warning generated." -- are nonetheless printed
on the console, not [1]. Why is that?

Thanks!

[1] http://nottheoilrig.com/scan-build