[cfe-dev] [libc++]

Eric Fiselier via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 13 14:40:12 PST 2017

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 3:31 PM, Vedant Kumar via cfe-dev <
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> I have only come across reports of -fsanitize=object-size violations in
> libcxx, never alignment issues. However, this is a fairly old version of
> libc++, and the issues may have been fixed already.

The alignment violations occur for the same reasons the object-size
violations do, except that the value_type has stricter alignment
requirements instead of being too large.

These violations should be fixed in the associative containers in v3.9 (ex.
map set). Similar violations in the unordered containers were only fixed in
v4.0.

I'm confident that these UBSAN issues have already been addressed.

/Eric