[cfe-dev] [4.0.0] Release notes nag email

Hans Wennborg via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 9 13:46:02 PST 2017

Dear everyone,

It's time for the six-monthly release notes nag email in preparation
for the upcoming release.

As usual, the release notes are almost empty. Please help fill them
with the work you've done in the past six months. The notes do get
read by a lot of people, so I think they're worth some effort.

If you made any interesting changes in the last six months, or know
someone who did, please write something about it. You can commit
directly the release notes on the branch, or send me a patch and I'll
happily commit it for you.

If you're responsible for the care of a specific target, please help
give those notes some extra love.

Here are some examples we might want to mention (thanks LLVM Weekly!).
If you're cc'd on this email, you're mentioned below.

- Adam, do you want to add a mention of opt-viewer?

- Alex, do you want to put something about RISC-V in the notes?

- Anastasia, do you want to write something about OpenCL?

- Brendon, do you want to mention MachinePipeliner? IIUC, this is only
used by Hexagon at the moment?

- Dan, do you want to put in an update about WebAssembly?

- David, do you want to write something about ADCE?

- Davide, do you want to write something about NewGVN?

- Dean, XRay started to land in this cycle. Do you want to mention it
in the notes?

- Dylan, do you want to include an AVR status update?

- Eric, want to add a note about clang-change-namespace to the
clang-tools-extra notes?

- Gor, do you want to add the status of co-routines support?

- Jacques, do you want to add a note about Lanai?

- James, do you want to mention the switch range reduction through
rotation (r277325) optimization?

- Kate, do you want to mention the gread LLDB clang-formating or LLDB
evolution in general?

- Matthias, should we write something about MIR? It's used quite a bit
now, is that new for this release?

- Oren, do you want to add a note about the new x86 regcall and
vectorcall conventions?

- Quentin, there's been a lot of work on the global instructions
selector. Should we put a status update in the notes?

- Reid, do you want to include something about CodeView support?

- Richard, want to add something about Modules TS? And C++ in general of course?

- Sebastian, can you write something about GVNHoist?

- Zach, do you want to add something about the clang-tidy VS plugin?

Many thanks,
Hans