[cfe-dev] State of Clang in MSYS2

Anton Korobeynikov via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 1 16:14:58 PST 2017

I briefly looked over them and they seem to be just a huge pile of
different unrelated changes, e.g. there is lldb patch, patch for
libc++ to allow compilation with gcc, some reverts of reverts, some
backports and so on.

Will it be possible to clean them up, rebase to 4.0 and submit to
Phabricator? Ideally as "one patch per topic".

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 10:25 PM, Reid Kleckner via cfe-dev
<cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> I would volunteer to try to get these patches in, but I don't have the
> bandwidth for it. I was hoping someone else would speak up, but I guess not.
> =/
>
> On Sat, Jan 21, 2017 at 5:50 AM, Mateusz via cfe-dev
> <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm involved with maintenance of Clang and related LLVM packages for
>> MSYS2.
>> It was based on Martell's patches (with his permission for MSYS2) from his
>> git repository and MSYS2 own fixes so number of patches might be
>> overwhelming:
>> https://github.com/Alexpux/MINGW-packages/tree/master/mingw-w64-clang
>> Maybe some of these patches could make it's way to the upstream.
>>
>> Tools state at version 3.9.1 :
>> Clang:        mostly works (there are issues found)
>> LLMV:        mostly works (not tested well enough)
>> LLD:           creates broken executable
>> LLDB:         runs but not further tested since lldb-server is not
>> build-able for mingw-w64
>> libc++:        need further testing
>> libc++abi:    need further testing
>> compiler-rt:  need further testing
>>
>> Open clang issues (at MSYS2):
>> https://github.com/Alexpux/MINGW-packages/issues/1677
>> https://github.com/Alexpux/MINGW-packages/issues/1678 (not that much Clang
>> issue but rather mingw-64 with GCC)
>> https://github.com/Alexpux/MINGW-packages/issues/1834
>>
>> Any help will be welcome.
>>

>> make check seems to hang during LLVM tests but here is make check-clang:
>> Failing Tests (18):
>>     Clang :: Driver/mingw.cpp
>>     Clang :: Modules/dependency-dump.m
>>     Clang :: Modules/dependency-gen.modulemap
>>     Clang :: PCH/chain-categories.m
>>     Clang :: PCH/chain-categories2.m
>>     Clang :: PCH/chain-class-extension.m
>>     Clang :: PCH/chain-conversion-lookup.cpp
>>     Clang :: PCH/chain-cxx.cpp
>>     Clang :: PCH/chain-default-argument-instantiation.cpp
>>     Clang :: PCH/chain-empty-initial-namespace.cpp
>>     Clang :: PCH/chain-friend-instantiation.cpp
>>     Clang :: PCH/chain-implicit-definition.cpp
>>     Clang :: PCH/chain-late-anonymous-namespace.cpp
>>     Clang :: PCH/chain-openmp-threadprivate.cpp
>>     Clang :: PCH/chain-pending-instantiations.cpp
>>     Clang :: PCH/chain-staticvar-instantiation.cpp
>>     Clang :: PCH/cxx-chain-function-template.cpp
>>     Clang :: PCH/replaced-decl.m
>>
>>   Expected Passes    : 9349
>>   Expected Failures  : 16
>>   Unsupported Tests  : 227
>>   Unexpected Failures: 18
>>
>> Full output is available here:
>> https://gist.github.com/mati865/b4a2c96f82b22ac41eca32714092db1d
>>
>> Is there any interest from You in providing at lest minimal support to it?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mateusz MikuĊ‚a

With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University