[cfe-dev] [analyzer] Inlining, operator new(), checker callbacks.

Artem Dergachev via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 14 10:06:58 PST 2017

Hmm. Maybe we can also disable check{Pre|Post}CXXNewExpr for now,
similarly to how check{Pre|Post}IfStmt is not a thing (it's actually
kinda complicated control flow in CXXNewExpr as well, even if in most
cases we'd prefer to behave as if there isn't) and decide later if we
want to introduce it back in a particular manner, or do custom callbacks
for all parts of it instead. It'd still be a bit frustrating, but
arguably causes less surprise, and it'd be at least discoverable through
CheckerDocumentation, where we can provide all the information we want
to explain.

We'd still immediately need some sort of checkPostAllocator for
MallocChecker to use.

There's a separate issue with PreStmt<CXXConstructExpr> which could be
made better if it had a "trigger statement" for the constructor (is it
operator new, or a temporary, or an initializer list like in D40841 even
if it's not callback here, or variable declaration statement, or
whatever). This info could probably be squeezed into CallEvent but
there's no room for it there at the moment. Otherwise we could make a
separate callback for that as well.