[cfe-dev] Can I write a standalone static analyzer?

gao ge via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 11 22:33:01 PST 2017

Clang static analyzer is a great tool, but its checkers are only for
general purpose. I want write some customized checkers. As I know, static
analyzer is a port of clang, clang-tidy maybe a good choice, but it does
not support path sensitive checker. It seems that I must modify clang
source code? Can I write a standalone static analyzer which built on static
analyzer module, but also support path sensitive checking?

Thanks,
meritozh