[cfe-dev] Is this a bug?

Hubert Tong via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Dec 10 07:05:51 PST 2017

Converting your case:
template <typename T, typename Policy>
struct Handle
{
  template <typename Rhs> bool operator <(Rhs rhs) const;
};

struct Special;

template <typename LHS_T2, typename RHS_T2>
bool operator <(Handle<Special, LHS_T2> lhs, Handle<Special, RHS_T2> rhs);

bool f() {
  Handle<Special, int> h1, h2;
  return h1 < h2;
}

template <typename T, typename Policy> struct Handle { };
struct Special;

template <typename Rhs>
bool operator <(*const Handle<Special, int> &*, Rhs);

template <typename LHS_T2, typename RHS_T2>
bool operator <(Handle<Special, LHS_T2>, Handle<Special, RHS_T2>);

bool f() {
  Handle<Special, int> h1, h2;
  return h1 < h2;
}

Gives the same behaviour between Clang and GCC.