[cfe-dev] [RFC] Proposal to contribute Intel’s implementation of C++17 parallel algorithms

Hal Finkel via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 6 18:10:58 PST 2017

On 11/30/2017 11:48 AM, Marshall Clow wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 4:21 AM, Kukanov, Alexey
> <Alexey.Kukanov at intel.com <mailto:Alexey.Kukanov at intel.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello all,
>
>     At Intel, we have developed an implementation of C++17 execution
>     policies
>     for algorithms (often referred to as Parallel STL). We hope to
>     contribute it
>     to libc++/LLVM, so would like to ask the community for comments on
>     this.
>

> Thank you very much for the offer!

Alexey, I suggest breaking this into separately-testable pieces for
review (and then posting the relevant patches on reviews.llvm.org).

Do you only have a TBB-backed implementation currently, or do you also
have an OpenMP-based implementation as well?

Marshall, preferences on how we proceed in general?

Thanks again,
Hal

--
Hal Finkel