[cfe-dev] Gain Addresses from a Debug file

via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 28 05:22:22 PDT 2017

Dear friendly Clang-World,

currently I try some variation of a Debugger. I have one process, which
starts another process and gains access to its memory. Like a debugger,
this process now should read the value of a global variable directly from
the other process. But I don't know the address. So I pleased the clang-cl
compiler to generate me a dwarf-debug-file. But in the end, I will have
only dwarf files for the .obj-files, but the .exe will have a pdb-file.
Using the llvm pdb-dump didn't help me finding the address, because the
application will crash while dumping. The single-dwarf file for my object
file didn't helped too. So I wanted to ask:

1.) Is there a way how I could gain the address of the global variable
from any debug-format under Windows using clang-cl?
2.) Can I use a single dwarf-file with its .obj-file to gain an address?
This would be interessting for jitting this obj-file.

Kind regards
Björn Gaier
Als GmbH eingetragen im Handelsregister Bad Homburg v.d.H. HRB 9816,
USt.ID-Nr. DE 114 165 789
Geschäftsführer: Hiroshi Kawamura, Dr Hiroshi Nakamura, Markus Bode, Heiko
Lampert, Takashi Nagano, Takeshi Fukushima.