[cfe-dev] Runtime of FormatTest.MemoizationTests

David Blaikie via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 23 07:46:49 PDT 2017

Ah, I noticed a really long runtime for this only when enabling expensive
checks. Are expensive checks enabled on the buildbot you're looking into?

Specifically it wasn't llvm's expensive checks, but the glibcxx standard
library expensive checks.

I didn't debug it any further, but I'm guessing that flag might make some
standard library ops not meet the required algorithmic complexities or
otherwise add. lot of overhead.

Itd be worth looking into exactly which checks are dominating (a profile
would hopefully show it up - though possibly shrinking the test case a bit
before profiling would be good - since the overhead of profiling on top of
the 15min runtime would be quite a lot (I tried and gave up/got bored
before it finished))