[cfe-dev] [libcxx] Any plan to implement N3558?

Bob Fang via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 23 04:19:05 PDT 2017

Hi,

Sorry I am new to C++ standardization process and clang development, I
understand this proposal is not incorporated into the standard yet but it
seems a very nice feature to have. My questions are:

1. Does libcxx only provides what has been standardized? Or sometimes it
will include experimental features (even not proposed by the clang/llvm
team)?

2. More specifically, do we have a plan to implement N3558? Or there is an
implementation already exist but not to my knowledge, even if it outside
libcxx. I know hpx (https://github.com/STEllAR-GROUP/hpx) has support to
it, but just curios if there is any other support.

Sorry for the naive questions again. Thanks a lot for your patience.

Best,
Bob