[cfe-dev] What happened to __builtin_shuffle

Armin K. via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 22 00:21:59 PDT 2017

Hi,

I've built LLVM/Clang 5.0.0rc2 on Linux x86_64, and I am using its runtime libraries
(compiler-rt, libc++, openmp).

While building pixman, I get the following error with 5.0.0rc2, which did not happen
with 4.0.1:

utils-prng.c:207:27: error: use of unknown builtin '__builtin_shuffle' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
            randdata.vb = __builtin_shuffle (randdata.vb, bswap_shufflemask);

There's no mention of __builtin_shuffle in release notes, so I need to ask:

What happened to __builtin_shuffle, and what should be used instead of it so I can
get rid of the compiler error above?

Thanks!