[cfe-dev] Rewriter: expand macro to definition

Serge Preis via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 17 05:14:49 PDT 2017

There is a code in clang::html::HighдightMacros() routine (clang/lib/Rewrite/HTMLRewrite.cpp ) which does similar thing. I borrowed the code and slightly modified it to Lex exact macro invocation (opposed to entire file in original code) for my in-house indexing c++ indexing tool.
The only issue I met thus far is lost formatting in multi-line macros (inability to split lines by trailing '\'). I am now trying to use clang::format to re-format expansion, but it strangely doesn't work for me in release compilation (though works fine in debug).

Reagrds,
Serge.