[cfe-dev] Bug in .clang-tidy parsing?

Alexander Kornienko via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 9 08:28:18 PDT 2017

The issue seems to be that the LLVM's YAML parser doesn't implement
multiline literal folding, which results in the checks list containing line
breaks. Clang-tidy doesn't drop newlines in the checks list (because I
haven't recognized the limitation of our YAML parser when reviewing
https://reviews.llvm.org/D30567), and the list of checks is misinterpreted.

There are (at least) two solutions:
1. Ideally, YAML parser would benefit from the support of multiline literal
folding.
2. As a quick workaround, we can trim newlines from the checks list.