[cfe-dev] Inlining function calls to complex numbers functions

Przemek Leśniak via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 7 12:24:41 PDT 2017

Hello clang developers,

Recently I've run into issue where gcc outperforms clang by many factors.
After investigation and profiling I've noticed that calls to some complex
numbers operations like "cabs" aren't inlined but rather dynamically linked
(which doesn't happen in case of gcc). Further investigation shows that
(looking at lib/CodeGen/CGBuiltin.cpp) clang has very few basic builtins
for complex numbers and missing out some important ones, is there any
reason why wasn't this implemented? And if there is no reason, is there a
possibility to have such feature in clang? I could possibly add some of
these functions, as I'm a student and I'd feel great to have some lines of
code in clang compiler.