[cfe-dev] A new clang-based documentation tool

Athos van Kralingen via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 4 01:24:26 PDT 2017

Thanks for the heads up, but we were aware of those options and how far we could get with Doxygen itself. It being clang-based was not really the motivation behind the project; we just started fresh and Clang was by far the best option as a parser, hence we didn't simply opt for Doxygen or a modification thereof. The same goes for DoxyPress of course, as it is a fork of Doxygen, making it not much different.

Our tool is a Doxygen replacement to us (and perhaps others eventually), but it is definitely very different in aspects such as output, configuration and with that, customization. We simply refer to Doxygen due to its seemingly dominant presence for creating c++ documentation.

Also, if all goes well, it should also be more feasible to integrate into build systems, which gives, especially us, some options for scaling more easily too. A not unwelcome addition I'd say. There's some things left to do before that, though, but we'll make sure to keep this up to date as development progresses.

- Athos