[cfe-dev] A new clang-based documentation tool

Athos van Kralingen via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 1 02:27:50 PDT 2017

Hi there,

I'd like to let you know that we're currently working on a documentation tool as a replacement to Doxygen. It's all still work in progress, but it's getting to the point where it will be actually usable for projects. Compared to Doxygen, we're trying to give some significant improvements with regard to the output and control thereof, as well as improve integration with build systems for incremental builds and distribution. Of course this is all using Clang behind the scenes. Within time, we will be open-sourcing it and will definitely need some hands to keep the project going, as well as to, for example, extend Clang's Doxygen parser.

However, before we get to that point, we are concerned with something slightly off topic: the name, of which the tool currently does not have one. We had ClangDoc/clangdoc in mind, but we're wondering about the general consensus of naming Clang-based tooling after Clang itself? Is there anything against that?

Kind regards,

Athos

Junior Tools Programmer
Guerrilla