[cfe-dev] What do the different stack-protector levels protect in Clang?

Yaron Shragai via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 27 08:45:19 PDT 2017

I see documentation out there for the levels of stack-protector in GCC:
Regular protects functions that have buffers or that use alloca(), all
protects all functions, strong protects functions with the conditions
listed in para 3 in this doc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xXBH6rRZue4f296vGt9YQcuLVQHeE516stHwt8M9xyU/editAlso,
in GCC, stack-protector puts variables below buffers on the stack (i.e.,
higher up the stack).

I'm having trouble finding similar documentation for Clang. (Even if it's
just an official statement that "Clang does the same thing as GCC.")

Thanks!