[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] [RFC] FP contract = on

Sebastian Pop via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 20 08:33:14 PDT 2017

Hi Renato,

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 8:29 AM, Renato Golin via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Sebastian, how's the progress to get those benchmarks contract-friendly?
>
> MultiSource/Benchmarks/MiBench/telecomm-FFT/telecomm-fft
> MultiSource/Benchmarks/VersaBench/beamformer/beamformer

I thought that these two were already solved by these patches:
https://reviews.llvm.org/D25923  - beamformer
https://reviews.llvm.org/D25924  - telecomm-fft

> SingleSource/Benchmarks/Polybench/datamining
> SingleSource/Benchmarks/Polybench/linear-algebra
> SingleSource/Benchmarks/Polybench/stencils

These 3 should have been fixed by this patch:
https://reviews.llvm.org/D25346

> MultiSource/Applications/oggenc/oggenc
> SingleSource/Benchmarks/Linpack/linpack-pc
> SingleSource/Benchmarks/Misc-C++/Large/sphereflake

These are harder to modify to make them pass with contract on and off.
I recommend adding CFLAGS += "-ffp-contract=off"

Sebastian