[cfe-dev] [libcxx] What degree of Windows and/or MSVC support is already present?

Eric Fiselier via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 19 14:02:06 PDT 2017

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 2:33 PM, Ben Craig via cfe-dev <
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> I’ve seen some commits (largely from smeenai) that deal with Microsoft
> technologies.  I’m curious as to what is currently supported, and what is
> in progress, as it is relevant to my aspirations of Windows kernel support
> with MSVC 2017.

I wouldn't call anything regarding Windows "supported" at this stage. At
best any support is experimental and in-progress. Right now we're trying to
get to the point
where the Windows build doesn't regress.

> Is any Microsoft compiler supported?

No Microsoft compiler is supported; It's Clang only right now.

Is any Microsoft platform as a target supported from any compiler?

I'm not 100% sure I understand the question, but I'll try and answer.

I've only built libc++ natively on Windows 10 using Clang 4.0 with either
MSVC 2015 or 2017 as the native toolchain.