[cfe-dev] Building libcxx with Ninja

Brian Cain via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 17 18:01:52 PDT 2017

I believe LLVM_PATH should point to the llvm/ directory at the root of the
repository.  The section you're citing is listed as "It is sometimes
beneficial to build outside of the LLVM tree."  Are you sure you want to do
that?

The "natural" organization (if there is such a thing) is to put the llvm
repo at the source root, and store libcxx and/or libcxxabi in
llvm/projects/.  If this is the case you don't need to specify LLVM_PATH.
If you followed the steps in "Getting Started"
http://libcxx.llvm.org/docs/BuildingLibcxx.html#getting-started then in
step 4 where you would've done "make cxx" you can do "ninja cxx" instead.

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 7:43 PM, Erika Butler via cfe-dev <
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> I'm trying to build libcxx with Ninja, but I don't understand what this is
> supposed to be:
>
>  -DLLVM_PATH=/path/to/llvm/tree
>

> I found that here:
>
> http://libcxx.llvm.org/docs/BuildingLibcxx.html
>
> What LLVM directory can I find the LLVM tree in? I'm using Windows 10.
>
> Thanks

-Brian