[cfe-dev] Determining macros used in a function or SourceRange (using clang plugin)

Richard Smith via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 28 11:50:33 PDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 11:29 AM, Eric Bayer via cfe-dev <
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Oh, one follow on question... If I persist a MacroDefinition* or
> MacroInfo* in a datastructure, will this still exist when processing the
> AST tree or will these have been deleted out from under me?  Just trying to
> understand how much info I need to copy in a few cases.

MacroInfo, MacroDirective and ModuleMacro objects should persist until the
Preprocessor object is destroyed. You can hold onto them until that happens.

MacroDefinition has value semantics, so if you want to persist a
MacroDefinition* it's up to you to store the MacroDefinition object
somewhere. But you should probably just be passing it around by value.