[cfe-dev] installation of scripts

Alexander Droste via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Sep 24 05:20:15 PDT 2016

Ah, I thought it had been completed when
https://reviews.llvm.org/D9600 was committed.
Thanks for giving an overview about the state.
I've been using the scripts since the commit
on a dozen of projects and didn't experience any
problems.

But I would like to point out one thing:
Using 'intercept-build' and then 'analyze-build'
seems to act a little different than only using
'scan-build' when it comes to wrapper compilers.
'intercept-build + analyze-build' works in case of
using an MPI wrapper compiler, whereas 'scan-build'
never emits any reports.

(1) The shared library is made of a single file, right (ear.c)?

(2) Regarding the tests, the compilation databases
sometimes denote 'g++' as the used compiler.
https://github.com/llvm-mirror/clang/blob/master/tools/scan-build-py/tests/functional/src/compilation_database/build_clean.json.in#L4
This seems suspicious. Shouldn't this be 'cc'?

Cheers,
Alex