[cfe-dev] Question about Clang/LLVM addresssanitizer

Kostya Serebryany via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 21 10:48:31 PDT 2016

Ok, let's make a simpler experiment:

#include <sys/mman.h>
#include <stdio.h>
int main() {
  void *beg = (void*)0x67fff8000;
  void *res = mmap(beg, 17179869184, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE,
     MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_ANONYMOUS|MAP_NORESERVE, -1, 0);
  if (res == beg)
    printf("PASS\n");
  else
    printf("FAIL\n");
}

Compile this program, run it on both systems, make sure you see PASS on one
and FAIL on the other.
Then send the strace logs to me, just in case.

--kcc